ఏదేశ మేగినా ఎందుకాలిడినా మాతృదేశాన్ని కీర్తించమన్నారు. కానీ ఉత్తర అమెరికాతెలుగుసంఘం ( తానా) సమావేశంలోవివిధ పార్టీల రాజకీయ నాయకులు తమపార్టీల వాణిని విన్పించారు. అమెరికాలో కూడాఅసెంబ్లీ వాతావరణాన్ని తలపింపజేశారు.
The following political disussion forum happened at the TANA
conference with several ministers, MLAs, MPs from Andhra Pradesh from
Congress, TRS and TDP.
Two topics were discussed for a length of 3 hours and 30 minutes. Topics were...
1. Changing governments, shift in priorities
2. Necessity for Telangana state.
1. Speaker Suresh Reddy (Observer)
2. Nayani Narasimha Reddy, Minister, TRS
3. PCC President K. Kesava Rao
4. Minister Gollapalli Surya Rao
5. Y.S. Vivekananda Reddy, MP
6. Madhu Yaski Gowd, MP
7. Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, MP
8. V. Hanumantha Rao, MP
9. Janga Krishna Murthy, MLA
10. Dr. Ravibabu, MLA, DCC President Vizayanagaram
11. Dhulipala Narendra, MLA, TDP
12. Julakanti Durgamba, ex-MLA TDP
13. Yerrabilli Dayakara Rao, MLA, TDP
14. Pathuri Nagabhushanam, Guntur ZP chairman, TDP
15. Chandu Sambasiva Rao, TDP
16. Sankara Reddy, Tirupathi Municipal Corporation Chairman, TDP
17. Kamineni Srinivas, ex-MLC TDP
1. PCC President Kesava Rao garu started off with the priorities
topic. He said "A Political party winning the elections does not
guarantee that it can do what it wants. He said the party needs to
take into consideration the current needs of the people and adapt to
time. He said, if the policies of the previous government are good,
the winning party should adapt them and Congress party is doing the
2. Nagam Janardhan Reddy started the fire by making comments on the
schemes of the Congress. He said current government just changed the
names and doing the same. Janma bhoomi is the first scheme where in
the people had the oppurtunity to question the government officials
and it is Chandrababu who gets the credit for that. Current congress
government is just doing pallebata, nagarabata, and some other batas.
They are going in buses with doors closed and waiving through windows.
3. Gollapalli Surya Rao reacted severely to Nagams comments and said
that the farmers were totally neglected by the TDP and they did not
care a single bit. He commented that TDP is the government that said
Agriculture is a waste and that TDP had the philosophy that nothing
should be invested there. He said that the current Rajasekhara Reddy
gari government is focussed on uplifting the farming community and
Rajasekhara Reddy garu came to be known as "Raithu baandhavudu".
4. When Nagam and Surya Rao garu were debating there was some chaos in
the crowd with some slogans from both sides. The moderators cooled
down the situation. Program creator Gangadhar garu had to come upon
the stage and cooled down the people.
5. Yerrabilli Dayakara Rao garu made some comments on PCC President
Kesava Rao garu by saying that "Kesava Rao garu talks in English and
most of it is hard to understand." He wanted Kesava Rao garu to be
clear in his expression, specifically on Telangana. He also made a
comment on Telangana that TELANGANA IS THE PURSUIT OF SOME POLITICIANS
WITH NO POWER AND SOME PEOPLE WHO CANT DO MOVIE ACTING ANY MORE. There
was a laughing riot when he said "WHO CANT ACT ANY MORE..."
6. Kesava Rao garu throught his speech on Telangana said that
Telangana is not something that he or Nagam or Nayani Narasimha Reddy
decide. He said that there needs to be a consensus among the different
parties and Congress is doing just the same. Congress appointed a
committe under Pranab Mukherjee and the SRC is going to decide what is
going to happen.
7. YS Vivekananda Reddy garu was asked to speak on effect of Telangana
on Rayalaseema and would there be a separate Rayalaseema if Telangana
were to split. He answered by saying, the decision of Telangana is
taken up by the Congress party and he would stand by the decision. He
said that his party is currently focussed on eliminating regional
differences via building irrigation projects and making sure that
there are no woes. He listed out some of the undertakings of the party
in the Rayalaseema region.
8. MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao commented by saying, he personally
prefers "United Andhra". However, he said, he would abide by the
decision of the Congress party.
9. Dhulipala Narendra, Julakanti Durgamba talked about the effect of
Telangana on Andhra and they felt that it is necessary to have a
united state. Durgamba said that even brothers in the same family have
a lot of differences in their economic levels and that does not mean
they should split. Narendra said that TRS is only the creation due to
lack of power.
10. Nagam Janardhan Reddy said that the reasons for the formation of
TRS are obvious and neither Congress nor TRS does come out with a
11. Nayani Narasimha Reddy, the only TRS representation said by saying
Telangana is not a todays problem. He ridiculed the comments made by
the TDP folks. He expressed optimism that Sonia Gandhi would deliver
Telangana for his people. He STRESSED that the relations between the
Andhra people and Telangana people would be intact. He said prior
Telangana movements results in anti-Andhra agitations but current
Telangana movement taken up by TRS has been on the peaceful side. He
proudly expressed that not even one single incident happened in the
past four years where Andhras were harrassed and the same would
continue in the coming years.
12. When V. Hanumantha Rao was asked to talk about Telangana, he was
really HUMOROUS. The crowd went into laughs the whole time. He started
off his speech by saying.... "Naaaku yenduku eee lolli.... Idhi yetla
vundhante... Gareebgaani pelliki Abdullagaani havaa lekkanunnadhi". He
continued saying, Telangana people are really innocent. They are like
hen. They say ko ko ko" when they have a problem and then sleep.
Rayalaseema people would see the end of it when they have a problem.
Andhra people would go wherever the water is there. He concluded by
saying, Congress is in the right path by taking the consensus of
various parties and it would make the right decision on this sensitive
13. Madhu Yaski Gowd was introduced as a member of the former TANA
conference. He proudly said, he is a TANA member before he is an MP.
14. Dr. Ravibabus speech was the most impressive. He was questioned
on the priority of the Congress government to power. His answer was
very impressive and he seems to have convinced the crowd. He got a
15. Chandu Sambasiva Rao said that regardless of the parties, there is
good and bad and parties have to pick the good things and change for
the better. He was very tucked in his speech and he too got a good
16. Guntur Zilla parishad Chairman Pathuri Nagabhushanam garu talked
on the NRI cell and how effective it is. He said he collected several
crores of Rupees from the NRIs and deployed them towards hospitals,
schools, Roads, scholarships, etc. He stated that he is still
continuing it via matching through the Zilla parishad funds.
17. Janga Krishna Murthy commended the work of Dr. YS Rajasekhara
Reddy and he said that the current government took the right
priorities which were neglected in the earlier regime. He thanked the
TANA members for giving him the oppurtunity.
18. Kesava Rao garu and Janardhan Reddy garu answered one question
each from the audience. There were 200+ questions posed to them but
due to time constraints, I. Venkata Rao garu picked two questions
randomly one for Kesava Rao and one for Nagam.
19. Nagam and Kesava Rao were asked to make concluding remarks. Nagam
thanked the crowd and he made some jovial on Nayani Narasimha Reddy.
19. Kesava Rao concluded by saying, "Guess who the first one to be
arrested during the Telangana movement way back.... Nagam..." and he
asked Nagam how long he was in Jail for the Telangana movement.
20. Gangadhar garu introduced the political representatives on to the
stage and described the importance of the event.
21. I. Venkata Rao garu played the moderator role.
22. Atmakuri Amarnath gave the vote of thanks. He thanked all the
representatives for coming and participating at a short notice. He
also praised the crowd for cheering for all the parties though every
one is political aware and every one has a party of liking. He felt it
is a reflection of the hospitality of TANA. He thanked Suresh Reddy
garu for accepting the role of the observer and expressed that "This
is the first time a discussion with 20 political representatives from
various parties stood on the same dias and talked about several
issues. The credit goes to Gangadhar garu and all the volunteers."
23. Suresh Reddy garu gave the observer remarks. He said, he is very
relieved after playing the speaker role in the Assembly and sitting in
a relaxed mode now. He said that I. Venkata Rao garu did a great job
and made a jovial remark that people would appreciate his job after
seeing Venkat Rao garu today. He said that the state is in great hands
under the very hardworking and able leader ship of YS Rajasekhara
Reddy and a dynamic opposition leader like Chandrababu and all the
representatives that are seated on the stage. He thanked the
organizers for giving him the oppurtunity.
24. President Navaneeta Krishna garu and President-Elect Dr. Hanumaiah
Bandla garu gave mementos to the representatives. Amarnath Atmakuri
conducted the proceedings.
25. Overall discussion was at times "HOT", at times "HUMOROUS" and at
times "EDUCATIONAL". V. Hanumantha Rao garu was the most hilarious
speaker, Nagam Janardhan Reddy and Yerrabilli Dayakara Rao garu were
the HOT speakers and Kesava Rao garu had his usual "philosophical"
talk at times. Gollapalli Surya Rao garu was the most emotional
26. The hall was JAM PACKED. There was hardly standing space in the
back. THIS IS NO EXAGGERATION BUT NUMEROUS PEOPLE FELT THAT THIS IS
THE PROGRAM OF THE DECADE AND DEFINITELY ONE OF THE BEST THAT TANA HAS
EVER DONE. THE ORGANIZERS HAD A LOT OF PEOPLE TELLING THEM THAT THIS
HAS TO BE DONE AT EVERY TANA. (NO EXAGGERATION). The crowd was
Gangadhar Nadella (ex- TANA President) - Program creator
Amarnath Atmakuri (ex- Detroit Telugu Association President)- Program director
I. Venkata Rao (ex- Press academy chairman) - Program moderator
Sunil Koneru and Buchi Ramprasad were the other moderators.
Prasad Chukkapalli, Raja Narreddy and Gopal Reddy Gade introduced the
different topics to the audience.
తానాలో రాజకీయనాయకుల ఫోటో గ్యాలరీ